Thursday 3 August 2017

More than a Tree

This Poem you are about to read was inspired by the "Poetry is Easy" workshop ran by Sue Gillett as a part of the Writer's in Action Subject at La Trobe University.





While you may have a story,
I will tell you mine.
I have longed for you to touch me,
And run your fingers down my spine.

I was excited when you picked me up,
Entwining in my sheets.
I’ll drag you in from the start.
Only a few words I’ll need.

You will love me ‘til the end.
But once we close this love affair,
You will move on without a care.
This will not matter much to you,

Though to me, it was simply true.
Watching your face twitch in the light,
As you trace each line oh so right,
The love, the laughter we shared within,

Unfortunately it must come to an end.
Alas, it was not meant to be,
Although I am more than a tree.
I am only another book to you, I see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Disappearing Books

Now this is a story all about how my life got flipped-turned upside down and I'd like to take a minute, just sit right there. No this i...