Monday 7 August 2017

She Knew


We watched as you departed
It didn’t take too long, 
You were gone before we knew it, 
We just wanted one more song.

I know you watch us every day, 
As we look up for you.
I hope when you look down, 
It’s a wonderful view. 

We try to make you proud, 
With every step we take, 
But sometimes when things are tough,
We need to scream out loud. 

We always think of you,
Your salt n pepper hair,
Your big brown eyes,
And the way you care.


49 years, was all you got to have, 
17 with me. 3 less with your son.
If we had one wish, 
We would wish for a 101. 

I remember what you taught us 
You taught us all we know, 
You taught us how to walk, 
And how to love and how to grow. 


You taught how to share 
But we were extremely unaware,
As the one thing you didn’t teach us 
Was how to live without you there.

But before you left, you knew,
We had each other.
And we’d get through.










No comments:

Post a Comment

The Disappearing Books

Now this is a story all about how my life got flipped-turned upside down and I'd like to take a minute, just sit right there. No this i...